The Network Engineer III is a member of the Network Group within Technical Services. Responsible for planning, engineering, installing, monitoring, troubleshooting,
diagnosing, and resolving complex problems associated with the business critical network infrastructure within a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment.
• Consults with the Infrastructure Supervisor on complex network related issues.
• Responsibilities include planning, design, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, updates, and other ongoing daily management of the network infrastructure.
• Plans, designs, implements, and supports scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VoIP).
• Conducts tests of network redundancy, resilience, and failover of network elements to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved.
• Daily interaction with Server Engineers, Telecom Engineers, Applications Analysts, Security Analysts, and other members of Technical Services on the day-to-day operations
and projects that depend on network connectivity.
• Mentoring, project management, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills are required for success.
• Will be required to provide 24x7 on-call rotation with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND six years relevant network work experience in Information Technology within
healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment OR Ten years relevant network work experience in Information Technology with at least two years experience being within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
• Demonstrated experience in handling network device (i.e. switch, router) moves, adds and changes.
• Demonstrated data cabling experience. Strong data center and data closet cable management skills and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of internetworking systems and architectures, protocols and carrier services.
• Demonstrable documentation experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Visio.
• Experience with Cisco Catalyst switches (3560s, 3750s, 4500s, 6500s) & routers (2800s, 3900s, etc.).
• Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers.
• Thorough knowledge of spanning tree, vlans, trunks.
• Working knowledge of routing and dynamic routing protocols ? OSPF, EIGRP.
• Working comprehension of the OSI reference model