The Director of Total Rewards is responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing total rewards strategies and programs that support organizational goals and the
vision, mission, and values of Client.
• Oversees the design, implementation, communication, and deployment of compensation and benefit programs through a small team of professionals, 15-20 key benefit partners,
and collaborative partnerships Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, HRIS, Labor Relations, Employee Health and Wellness, Payroll, Payor Relations, and Finance.
• Serves as a financial steward for the organization and employees/retirees in managing a
benefits budget >$100M and retirement plans with assets between $700M and $1B.
• Ensures that compensation and benefit programs are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations and are administered consistent with union agreements, ECH policies, and plan documents.
• Serves as Plan Administrator for the Group Insurance (medical, dental, vision, EAP, long-term disability, life and AD&D) and the Retirement (Cash Balance, 403(b) Retirement, non-qualified) Plans.
• Oversees the management of voluntary benefit plans, time off programs, supplemental executive benefits, leave of absence, and reasonable accommodation process.
• Masters’ degree in business, healthcare, social sciences, finance, or human resourcesrelated field.
• Twelve (12) years job-related experience including 5+ in compensation and benefits.
• Five (5) years leadership experience (people management).
• Knowledge of current federal and state labor and benefit laws and regulations including ADA, ADEA, COBRA, EEOC, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, Health Care Reform Act, HIPPA, OSHA, Pension Protection Act, Title 7, USERRA.
• Familiar with state laws such as CFRA, DFEH, IWC, PDA, Paid Family Leave, SDI, Unemployment, and Wage Orders Experience implementing new benefit programs and managing major benefit changes.
License/Certification/Registration Requirements: CCP preferred