The Desktop Engineer III is a member of the Desktop Group within Technical Services. The Desktop Engineer has a broad technical understanding of organizational processes, technological
offerings and service capabilities. The Desktop Engineer champions transformative technologies that are both business and patient care centric. The Desktop Engineer regularly consults and
works with the Desktop Group Supervisor, Server Engineers, Network Engineers and Applications Analysts on large projects and complex issues and, in some cases, is the Project Manager responsible for the product deliverable. The Desktop Engineer is actively engaged in
process definition, developing best practices, growing service capacity, and improving quality while adhering to all IS Division guidelines, policies and procedures, and directives.
• Responsible for engineering the desktop infrastructure and managing the desktop experience in a 24x7x365 high-availability healthcare environment.
• Responsibilities include planning, designing, forecasting, deployment, documentation, capacity management, patching, updates, and other ongoing oversight of the organization’s desktop environment.
• responsible for the configuration and deployment of application packages, operating systems, compatibility testing, and user acceptance testing.
• Mentoring, project management, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills are required for success.
• Will be required to provide 24x7 on-call rotation with some evening and weekend work required as necessary.
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND six years relevant desktop engineering work experience in Information Technology within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment OR Ten years relevant desktop engineering work experience in Information Technology with at least two years experience being within healthcare or other 24/7 high-availability environment.
• Successful completion of CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCP in Windows Desktop, or other comparable certification. Must present evidence of certification.
• Experience with managing technical projects such as hardware and software deployments.
• Knowledge of server functions such as file, print, and application services; as well as functional understanding of directories, shares, share rights, user accounts, user rights, and groups.
• Strong technical and customer service skills a must.
• Two years advanced experience with Active Directory administration.
• Minimum of two years (concurrent) proven ability to package and configure shrinkwrapped, home-grown, and compiled MSI applications for completely automated administrative deployments.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows and non-Windows operating systems, domain architecture, server-side services, and interaction with the desktop environment