The CNA will assist the licensed nursing staff by performing routine nursing duties and activities of daily living.
SCHEDULE: ALL SHIFTS: DAY (7AM – 3:30PM), SWING (3PM – 11:30PM) and NIGHT (11PM – 7:30AM) on a 4:2 rotation.
LOCATION: San Leandro, CA
• The CNA performs personal care services, within the framework of the individual resident’s routine activities of daily living and functional abilities.
• The CNA documents all information pertaining to each assigned resident on each shift accurately and timely. Meal percentages, intake and output recordings will be documented and reported accurately to the responsible charge nurse every shift.
• Responsible for reporting any significant changes in resident condition, incident/accidents, injuries and/or skin integrity issues noted, immediately to the charge nurse.
• Measure and record temperatures, pulses, and respirations (TPRs) of residents, as instructed.
• Ensure resident’s room is ready for receiving the resident (bed is made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.)
• Responsible for transportation of their respective residents to and from activities, meals and therapy as indicated.
• The CNA participates in all required/mandatory in-services; as well any additionally offered in-service programs as evidenced by their full knowledge of all required policies/procedures and ability to perform their job duties accurately and timely.
• Meets all state requirements for recertification, completes and submits all required documentation to the state to ensure timely certification renewal. Works as a team player as evidenced by consistently assisting other staff members when help is needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant Competency Program, with current certification in the state of California
• CPR certified is preferred.
• One year of experience in a skilled nursing facility is preferred.
• Point Click Care (PCC) knowledge or use is preferred.
• High school graduate, or equivalent.